Date: April 10, 2022
Bible Text: John 19:25-30 |
Jesus' 7 last words were some of the most important words He spoke.
- Jesus spoke a radical prayer of forgiveness for His enemies.
- He answered the prayer of a criminal and promised him paradise, starting that day.
- He spoke with raw honesty about feeling forsaken, yet He knew there was a hope-filled future.
- Jesus initiated a new family that included all those who do God's will. Application thought: Is there someone who needs me to be family to them?
- In Jesus' humanity, He was thirsty, and He is our source of spiritual refreshment. Application thoughts: How spiritually thirsty are you? The godliest people are the thirstiest for God.
- As Jesus handed over His life to His Father, open access to God became available. That closeness to God is to motivate us to serve Him, Hebrews 10:19-24.
- Jesus finished all the work His Father planned for Him. May we finish well the work God has for us.