Date: July 24, 2016
Bible Text: John 8:1-11 | Pastor Keith Bergstrom
How do we respond to those who don’t follow the Bible’s standard of celibacy in singleness, and faithfulness in heterosexual marriage?
Respond in Grace and Truth, (John 1:17).
GRACE (Lead with Grace)
- As Ambassadors in a foreign land represent God with a good bedside manner, (2 Cor. 5:20).
- Accept all people, particularly those you don't approve of, (John 8:11).
- Listen. Be slow to speak. Speak gently, (James 1:19, Prov. 15:1).
- Look in the mirror. Examine your own heart first, (John 8:7, Mt. 7:3).
- Get to know their story.
- Love & care for them, (Luke 6:27-36).
- Be grounded in the Bible.
- Gently, briefly, share the truth, (Galatians 6:1).