Genesis 1 & 2
How did the universe come to be? One view says God spoke the world into existence, Hebrews 11:3. The second major view, which leaves God out, says life evolved after a “Big Bang” explosion of largely hydrogen gas about 13.8 billion years ago. Where did this big ball of hydrogen come from? If you leave God out of the answer, did it just appear from nothing? How can something come from nothing? The only other option is that it always existed in some form. Yet again, how is this possible given the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. The Second Law says the quality of matter/energy deteriorates over time. As usable energy is lost, disorganization, randomness and chaos increase. How could the universe always have existed? Furthermore, how could an explosion of largely hydrogen gas (odorless, tasteless, and invisible), given enough time, create people and everything else?
Moreover, the mechanism for biological evolutionary change is mutation. But what is a mutation? “A mutation occurs when a DNA gene is damaged or changed in such a way as to alter the genetic message carried y that gene.” Prof. John Blamire. Note: almost all mutations are harmful. Dr. Stephen Meyer evaluates this way: “A mutation is a random mistake… The mechanism Darwinists have created…is actually a mechanism of destruction of information.” How logical is it that mutations gave rise to more advanced forms of life?
Furthermore, where did the genetic information come from? A “Big Bang” explosion of all the matter and energy in the universe does not account for information. “We are left, then, with a paradox: the laws and forces of nature cannot produce information, but information is required for life to begin.” Paul Davies.
The alternative world view in Genesis 1 and 2 says:
- God spoke the universe into existence, Hebrews 11:3.
- Creation took a week, Genesis 1; Exodus 20:11.
- Adam was real. Genesis not a myth. Luke 3:38; Hoses 6:7; Romans 5:12-14. Genesis is history!
- People are made in God’s Image, Genesis 1:26-27.
- Given authority, Psalm 8:5-8
- Ability for relationship – God & others.
- Unique from animals in reasoning, language, morality & creativity.
- Treat people with value, dignity & respect!
If you have questions, look for answers, Jeremiah 29:13.
- God’s Crime Scene, J. Warner Wallace, 2015.
- Acts & Facts. A free magazine from The Institute for Creation Research.