Overview: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
As our teams work in crisis areas of the world, people often ask, “Why did you come?” The answer is always the same: “We have come to help you in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.” Our ministry is all about Jesus—first, last, and always. As the Apostle Paul said, “For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake” (2 Corinthians 4:5, NIV).
Operation Christmas Child – The shoebox ministry (under Samaritan’s Purse) provides a gift filled shoebox to children thought the world.
- 11,931 shoeboxes collected in Northwest Michigan
- 1,375 boxes collected at Covenant Presbyterian as an area drop off site (91 more than last year) 16 local churches & 2 individual families participated
- 51 boxes collected from Covenant Presbyterian (30 more than last year)
- 13 volunteers & 113 hours for the week of collection
- 1 in 10 boxes goes to a child in a predominately Muslin country
How you can serve: Shop and plan throughout the year to fill one or more shoeboxes. Shoeboxes are collected in November each year.
Contact: Samaritan’s Purse, PO Box 3000, Boone, NC 28607, Phone: (828) 262-1980. Website: www.samaritanspurse.org